Tuesday, April 22, 2008

My morning commute


So I've been babysitting for this really great lady for about a month and a half and I used to ride the bus to her house.  But because we live in a ski resort town the bus comes less frequently and later because it's slack season. So I ride my bike which has become really nice to be out so early in the morning. I couldn't ask for a better commute.  I can ride the bike path the whole way without crossing any major roads! (Big bonus of our mountian town :)It's a really gradual decline with a few little hills.  Zac and I got on google to see how far it is and it's 5 miles! Right on. I know it doesn't seem like much but after a long snowy winter and a baby, I am really proud to be able to take the carrier with Ren on the back.  It takes me about a half an hour to complete the whole trip and 40 min. home ( the huge hill way). I love the ride because it is just enough challenge to get me going plus it felt great today of all days this year cuz its Earth Day!! So I gave the earth a great present by enjoying all the beauties it has to offer.  Plus I get to see everything wake up in the morning; the birds, the flowers, the trees, the sun, and all the cute kids going to school. Ren has done well on the rides as well.  She sleeps so well in the trailer.  I do have to say that I did have a mishap the other day.  We got about halfway to our destination and Ren decided she hadn't had enough breakfast so I had to stop under a bridge and feed her. Not that fun but part of being a mom, right!?(plus Zac got a kick out of it when I told him later) Really that early in the morning I was not worrying about being modest. Just feed the kid and get going. It worked out well.

1 comment:

Lara said...

Krys,
Yay for working out bike riding style! Good for you! I bet you will shed those baby pounds in NO time! I love the picture of Ren all bundled and asleep, boy do I miss you guys but I am SO happy that you have a blog now so I can watch my little niece grow! Miss you!

~La~